V-Dala is searching for a communication officer
Västmanlands-Dala nation is a student nation in Uppsala with history from 1639. We currently have around 5 500 members and we offer over 1 000 student rooms and apartments to our members. V-Dala nation holds a broad range of activities such as culture associations, sports teams, dinners, clubs and pubs. The nation currently has seven full-timers and almost 100 volunteers and active members.
For the right candidate, we offer a fun and varied assignment that involves working with strategic and creative communication, while we also give you guidance and training in using well-established industry tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and others. We give you a place to develop and a natural role in the nation’s organization and Uppsala’s student life.
You work for the nation as a whole and under the leadership of a project management group for the communication work. You will work closely with the nation’s regular full-time gangs and other officials. Our hope is that you who are appointed will develop within your role at the same time as the nation’s communication develops.
- Create content for social media.
- Continuously participate in various business meetings.
- Review and evaluate the nation’s current communications activities.
- Together with the project management group, develop a strategic communication plan for the nation.
About you / requirements:
- You have been a student for at least two semesters at Uppsala University or SLU (in Uppsala),
- You can communicate in writing and speech in both Swedish and English,
- You have experience of communication, e.g. has been responsible for communication or similar in another association and / or has higher education credits in media and communication knowledge, rhetoric or likewise,
- You have an interest in graphic communication and creating.
- Full-time remuneration corresponding to CSN.
- Flexible working hours (some meetings and events require attendance in the evenings and on weekends).
- The service is for 6 months (1 Jan-30 June 2022), with the possibility of extension for another 6 months.
- To be appointed, you need to be a member of the nation.
The application is made via firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 19th.
The application must include:
- Personal letter
- Desirable but not a requirement: Portfolio or example of something you have previously created